Unit 7 (monologues)

Unit 7 (Monologue Costume) 

Costume 
Christopher doesn't really care about what he wears. He would usually wear a blue hoodie, plain cream trousers and white/black sneakers. The reason why clothing doesn't bother him is because he thinks it's pointless, as long as you're wearing something that's covering your skin, that's pretty much enough for him. He is more focused on his objectives, which are finding out who killed Wellington (neighbour's dog) and finding his mother. 

Costume design 1 



For the upper part, I chose a light blue and dark blue jumper. The reason for this is because in the original play, Christopher would constantly wear a plain blue jumper. So, I thought I would change it around just a bit by adding the additional stripes. Another reason why I picked blue it symbolises space in a way, which is one of Christopher's favourite things. For the lower parts, I picked plain black trouser and sneakers. The reason for this is because its plain and basic, which suits the character for Christopher. 

Costume design 2 


For design 2, I chose a plain green jumper, a plain blue tracksuit and plain white shoes. The reason for this is because it's very basic and vibrant. Christopher is someone who doesn't really care about the way he is dressed, as long as the colours aren't brown or yellow, because he hates those colours. In the original play, Christopher would wear a hoodie, I replaced it with a jumper just to add a bit of difference. And lastly for the shoes, i added plain white shoes, just adds more simplicity. 

Costume design 3 



For the third design, I wanted to get a bit more creative, so for the top, I chose a grey top with a controller on it. The reason for this is because Christopher loves his computers and games, so his top is a symbolisation of that. For the trousers, I chose black sweatpants with stars on them. The reason for this is because this also symbolises Christopher's likes, which are also stars and space. Lastly, for the shoes, i chose white sneakers with a rat on it. This symbolises Christopher's pet rat, Toby. 

Main design for the monologue 


For the main costume design, I wanted to make it as similar to the original one, with a hint of difference. For the top, I chose a black, grey, blue striped hoodie and a white top. The reason for this is because the hoodie has a slight resemblance to the original, except it's got stripes and different colours, whereas the original was plain blue. It also resembles space. For the trousers, I picked similar trousers to the original design, plain grey trousers. The reason for this is so it doesn't get too fancy. For the shoes, I chose a navy blue, white and orange trainers. The reason for this is because it adds to the simplicity. Lastly, I added a blue cap to make the  youth more appealing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 9 (Our Day Out) and Radio Research

Unit 9 Production Values Lighting

Silent Movie (Unit 3)